Site Map - Guide to NARIC Resources
This guide presents the main resources of the NARIC website, organized in a different manner than the navigation. You may find it helpful in identifying the best place to start your information search. You may also want to learn more about how to search NARIC's databases.
Main page - introduces NARIC and our most popular resources.
- Learn about NARIC and meet the staff
- Submit an information request or order a document. An information specialist will respond within one business day.
- Ask Me! Chat with, call, or email an information specialist
Resources from NARIC - the information resources we have developed and use every day to answer your questions.
- Disability Resources - a curated list of reliable information sources, sorted by subject. If you're not sure where to start your search, begin by browsing through these categories.
- NARIC Publications - information resource brochures, newsletters, directories, and NIDILRR-generated reports available to download free of charge.
- The Knowledgebase - you've browsed through the disability resources and perused the publications, but you are still searching for the right organization. Try searching the Knowledgebase.
- Frequently Asked Questions - a selection of the questions we receive most often, from where to find rehabilitation to how to receive accommodations for the GED. This collection is always growing. Use the comment form below to submit a question!
- News and Notes from the NIDILRR Community and Beyond - our free weekly newsletter highlighting resources, news, and events from more than 250 NIDILRR-funded projects, plus the greater disability and rehabilitation community.
- NIDILRR Announcements - Are you interested in grant opportunities from the National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research? Sign up for this free email alert service!
- Calendars of Events - shared calendars featuring national observances, conferences, webinars, and other events.
REHABDATA and the NARIC Library - The NARIC Collection holds more than 60,000 documents, abstracted in the REHABDATA Index of Disability and Rehabilitation Research Literature. NARIC's International Research collection includes more than 115,000 abstracts of research literature from around the world.
- Conduct a REHABDATA or International Research search - the advanced search features let you search by author, title, journal, and more. This search includes our new international research collection. You can also limit your search to those documents with full text available free of charge.
- Browse new acquisitions and sign up for monthly alerts through REHABDATA Connection.
- Browse by keyword, journal title, or publisher.
- Scan the multimedia collection.
- Learn how to order documents or submit your publication for consideration.
The NIDILRR Program Database - Every year, more than 300 projects conduct research across the spectrum of disability and rehabilitation.
- Search the Program Database by keyword, institution, grant number, and other criteria to find current and completed projects.
- Browse by funding mechanism, research priority, or state.
- Read the introduction, or download a copy of the current or previous print directories.
- Are you a grantee? Check your project's information.
- Are you a NIDILRR staff member? Log in to check the status of your current and completed projects.
The REHABDATA Thesaurus - Initiated in 1977, the REHABDATA Thesaurus of Rehabilitation Terms is our core organization tool.
- Browse through the terms and "nonterms" and see how material is organized and indexed in REHABDATA.
- ICF Crosswalk - are you familiar with the International Classification on Functioning, Disability, and Health? Use this tool to understand how our Thesaurus terms map across to the ICF.
This FAQ from NIDILRR also provides a handy guide to all things NARIC (and all things NIDILRR, too).